LIFX is a smart light bulb that you can control with your smartphone. With LIFX, you can change the color of your light, set timers, and even create custom light effects.
Do you know the technical specifics of LIFX for PC? Why not get to know those aspects before we discuss the downloading and installation processes?
LIFX Andorid App Summary
The LIFX application developer is LiFi Labs Inc.. They listed the LIFX under the Lifestyle category on Play Store. The latest user count of the LIFX is more than 983455. With a 2.6, the latest null of the LIFX is holding a good position for users.
The latest update date of the LIFX is Sep 20, 2022, meaning that it has the latest features. You cannot use it on your PC without using an Android emulator. The most popular and best emulators are BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Player Emulator.
If you need a complete guide on how to use the LIFX on your PC using the right emulator, we’ve discussed the methods in this article.
|App Name:||LIFX On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||LiFi Labs Inc.|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Sep 20, 2022|
|Get it On:|
LIFX Download & Install for PC: Windows 10/8/7
Planning to run LIFX on the computer is not impossible. In fact, with the help of BlueStacks android emulator, you can finally run the LIFX and other apps on your computer just fine. Here are the possess and steps you need to know:
- It all starts by downloading the BlueStacks Android emulator. It’s very easy to use, and has apps ready to go.
- Download the BlueStacks emulator and install it on your computer. Decline the other app installation offers as you install it.
- Finish up the installation and you’ll see Play store on the starter page that comes installed in BlueStacks.
- Click open the Play store app, log into your google account, and search for LIFX on the search bar.
- You’ll get it on the first result. Click on the search result and start the installation by clicking install.
- Once installed, you can launch it from both your desktop and BlueStacks starter page where the app will add a shortcut.
Features of LIFX for PC
up your “me time” Scene to turn off all the lights in the house, including the ones you usually forget.
– Productivity: change the color of your Group to blue when it’s time to focus, green when it’s time for a break.
– Visual Effects: get the party started with color strobe, or set your lights to react to the music you’re playing.
– Fade to sleep: set your light to automatically dim over 45 minutes as part of your bedtime routine.”
-The LIFX app is packed full of features like:
-The Basics: on/off, dim, change color, change white temperature.
-Groups: control all lights in a group easily, including on/off and dimming with one touch from the Home Dashboard.
-Group personalization: choose a LIFX illustration to suit or personalize Group cards with your own pictures.
-Schedules: automate your lights to fade, change color, and turn on/off, all visible in an easy calendar-style view.
-Effects: play with special effects like the music visualizer, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle & more, all in one place.
LIFX App Overview and Details
Like you, LIFX wants smarter light. This means we care about the way you control your smart lights, as much as we do about the lights themselves. We make it easy to get started with WiFi-enabled, bright, colorful smart lights that need no hub. Yep, you can start with just one device.
LIFX App can not only help give you the best start, but will turn your experience “up to 11”. Automate your wake up Schedule, or set up your movie-watching Scene (then set up voice control so you don’t even have to leave the sofa), or play with Effects next time you’re entertaining.
The LIFX app is packed full of features like:
– The Basics: on/off, dim, change color, change white temperature.
– Groups: control all lights in a group easily, including on/off and dimming with one touch from the Home Dashboard.
– Group personalization: choose a LIFX illustration to suit or personalize Group cards with your own pictures.
– Schedules: automate your lights to fade, change color, and turn on/off, all visible in an easy calendar-style view.
– Effects: play with special effects like the music visualizer, fire, move, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle & more, all in one place.
– Scenes: set your lighting just the way you like it and save it for later.
– Themes: a library of one click color combinations for a Group, from ‘Proud’ to ‘Soothing’.
– Paint: with your finger in the app, paint color live onto your LIFX Z, Beam, Tile and Candle.
– Custom color palettes: add your favorite colors to a custom color palette.
– Discover Tab: find How To guides, learn about integration partners, or shop for LIFX
– Switches: configure switches to control your LIFX lights, groups and scenes, as well as other non-LIFX devices
– and much more.
Example uses from our customers:
– Ambiance: schedule warmer light in the evening – to calm – and whiter light in the morning – to energize.
– “Moccupancy”: set irregular schedules to make it seem like you’re home when you’re not.
– Sleep: set your bedroom lights to deep red just before bed to produce more melatonin which helps you get better quality sleep.
– Stay put: you’ve settled into the sofa for a streaming binge but left the lights on. No need to jump up to the switch, just ask your voice assistant.
– Pet owners: if you’re unexpectedly late home from work, turn the lights on for your dog from wherever you are.
– Silent notifications: use partner apps to give you a light flash if… your car is arriving, or the forecast says it will rain, or you are mentioned on social media, and much more.
Best color-changing smart bulb for HomeKit – CNET
Pairing LIFX with Apple HomeKit is easy using the HomeKit onboarding QR code available in the product packaging.
Stay in touch.
Need a helping hand, or want to offer us some advice? We would love to hear from you about your LIFX experience. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIFX lights are available at lifx.com
Whats New In this LIFX?
Added improved functionality under switch button configuration for Switch products
Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Improvements to onboarding reliability and device discoverability
LIFX is a great application that allows users to control their lights from their phone. It is easy to use and has many features that make it a great choice for those looking for a light control application.
Downloading and installing the LIFX for PC should be an easy task as you know the steps by now. If you found the tutorial helpful, or need more assistance, comment now.
Recent LIFX Reviews
Update # (I’ve lost track of the number of times): Latest update, shown as Sept. 1st, fixed absolutely NOTHING. This was the original report from August 9th: Dawn and dusk stopped working. The lights will not turn off at all or won’t turn on to begin with at the set times. I’ve had these lights for 4 years and everything worked perfectly until about 2 weeks ago.
I can’t go lower than one star? For the past few days, the only reason I can turn the light on/off is because I have a widget. The home menu is a blank screen. Firmware is up to date. But not really. This product is trash. Update, even the widget isn’t dependable. My light setup disappeared so I couldn’t turn the light off. Had to uninstall/reinstall the app. Buy any light but this one!!!
When everything is working I love these lights. When one decides to randomly stop responding, it’s extremely irritating. Unplug, wait, plug in and maybe it works maybe it doesn’t. It’s one bulb this time, maybe another one next time, maybe the strip light another. It’s only one at a time affected, but they’ll work for weeks without issue until one starts randomly having problems. When they work, they’re fantastic. I’ve had them for a couple years, maybe I’ll try the Hue system next time.
Horrible. Where do I start? This app is unoptimized, slow and unresponsive, and counterintuitive to use. Setting up your lights hardly works in the way intended and is needlessly convoluted. And the devices themselves are garunteed to be the only things in your house that will drop connection. Regardless of your network connection.
A little tricky to start. Then, even though still connected to Wi-Fi it completely quits communicating with 80% of the light bulbs in the house. I then had to reset most of them and some of them won’t even come on now. Otherwise, when it is working well it is a neat thing to have. I have a lot of the colored lights as well as some of the white lights and really enjoy using them up until today really.
Aside from the setup being a bit wonky(took 2 attempts to actually work), the app mostly runs fine. Themes are only singular colors, some of which are randomized. They don’t change over time. Scenes work, but I have to close out of the app completely to see the scenes after creating them. Cycling lights effect doesn’t work at all. It’s just green. No other colors. Only green. Everything else works fine. Can manually change color, saturation, brightness, and temperature with ease.
I’m absolutely in love with these lights so far they are so much brighter and the color is so much more full than the govies I’ve upgraded from, but the app is by far worse. Yes visually it looks so much better but I’ve had constant issues of the app crashing and not being able to adjust my lights or turn them on and off. Which if that’s the main way we’re meant to use, the lights is a huge issue and needs to be addressed very quickly. All in all lights are amazing but the app needs work.
This app is the only way I can control the lights I purchased and while the app has a lot of settings and good features, the connectivity is really bad. I have trouble turning on&off the lights, and it disconnects like every 30 seconds. I have to reset the app for it to work, and even then it doesn’t. It’s really frustrating as these lights were expensive and I’d expect the app to work great.
The bulbs were easy to set up and I like how the interface is set up. However! I had to close and reopen the app several times to get my scenes to set properly. Otherwise, the app worked as it should. It just needs some of the bugs to be ironed out. I would also like to see scenes saved with the features, such as the candle and spooky themes.
They somehow made the schedule work worse. I tend to use it more to wake up than for a specific time at night, so I’m often going past the night time shut off with it on. However after setting the schedule back on by tapping a spot on the graph, in the morning my light fails to turn on.
We refer the ownership of This LIFX to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for LIFX and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at blappsblog, we also don’t use our own server to download the LIFX. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the LIFX.
If you have any query about the app or about blappsblog, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.