Google Play Books & Audiobooks is a digital distribution platform for e-books and audiobooks operated by Google. Users can purchase and download e-books and audiobooks from Google Play, which offers over five million titles, with Google claiming it to be the “largest e-bookstore in the world”. Google Play Books is available in 75 countries.
The technical specifications of the Google Play Books & Audiobooks for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
Google Play Books & Audiobooks Andorid App Summary
Google Play Books & Audiobooks was developed by Google LLC and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download Google Play Books & Audiobooks from Google Play Store under the Books & Reference category. The latest version of Google Play Books & Audiobooks is null on Play store with total users of 3375839862. The Google Play Books & Audiobooks app has a user rating of 4.1 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the Google Play Books & Audiobooks is Sep 21, 2022. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the Google Play Books & Audiobooks on your computer using the emulators. The step-by-step guides below will help you do so.
Download & Install Google Play Books & Audiobooks For PC: Windows 10/8/7
Getting the Google Play Books & Audiobooks installed on your PC can be super easy if you use the NOX player. It’s one of the most popular Android emulators for both PC and Mac. Just use the steps below to download the Google Play Books & Audiobooks and use it on your PC:
- First off, you need to download the NOX player emulator. Go ahead and do that. You’ll find the installation file in your download folder
- Now, install it on your computer by double clicking the installer. It will take a few minutes if you have a fast computer.
- Once installed, you’re ready to get the Google Play Books & Audiobooks on your PC. Just locate the Play store app in the NOX homepage and log into your Google account.
- Search for the Google Play Books & Audiobooks in the search bar of Play store and install it from there. You’ll get a quick launching icon on the NOX homepage after that.
- Click the icon at any time, and you’ll be able to use the Google Play Books & Audiobooks on your computer every time you open NOX player.
|App Name:||Google Play Books & Audiobooks On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Google LLC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Books & Reference|
|Updated on:||Sep 21, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Google Play Books & Audiobooks App Overview and Details
Google Play Books is the one app you need to buy and enjoy ebooks, audiobooks, comics, and manga.
Choose from millions of best selling ebooks, comics, manga, textbooks, and audiobooks. Download your book to read or listen on the go. When you’re finished, find your next favorite from recommendations personalized just for you. Buy audiobooks and ebooks as you go – with no subscription required.
Choose from millions of popular ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
* Buy ebooks and audiobooks as you go – no subscription required.
* Preview samples before you buy.
* Get extra discounts on select bundles.
* Receive emails or notifications about new releases from your favorite authors and when your wishlisted books go on sale.
* Earn Google Play Points with every purchase, then exchange them for Google Play credit.
* Receive notifications or emails for price drops in your samples and new releases from your favorite authors and series.
* Discover new releases, best sellers, and personalized recommendations across genres like romance, science fiction, mystery & thrillers, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more.
Best in class reading and listening experience.
* Read or listen on Android, iOS, or your web browser, even when you’re offline.
* Pick up where you left off on any device.
* Customize your reading experience. Adjust the text size, font type, margins, text alignment, brightness, and background colors.
* Track your reading progress. See what percent you’ve read and how many pages you have left.
* Organize your library into shelves. Use the new shelves tab to curate your library by theme or genre. View your shelves across Android, iOS, and the web.
* Save to SD card. Choose to save your books to the device or an SD card, so you never run out of space.
* Use reading tools in children’s books to get kid-friendly word definitions, listen to specific words, or hear the book read aloud.
* Use Bubble Zoom for easier comic reading on a mobile device. Tap the page and watch your favorite comic or manga come to life.
* Take notes that sync with your Google Drive and share them with a group for easy collaboration.
* Look up definitions, get translations, save highlights, and bookmark your favorite pages while you read.
* Turn on Night Light to automatically adjust the background color and brightness or set the app to use the OS brightness.
Features of Google Play Books & Audiobooks for PC
Tap on a word balloon to see the text appear in a bubble.
* Look up dictionary definitions right from the page. Just tap and hold a word, then release to see the definition.
* Create bookmarks, notes, and highlights as you read. Select text to add a bookmark, note, or highlight. View all your notes and highlights in one place.
* Search your book for specific words or terms.
* Translate words or passages right from the page. Just tap and hold a word, then release to see the translation.
* Listen to books at 2x speed or faster. great for when you’re on the go.
* Control playback speed, narration, and sound effects for audiobooks.
* Automatically bookmark your place in both the audiobook and ebook.
Whats New In this Google Play Books & Audiobooks?
Arriving in version 2022.7.27
* Navigation improvements to reach series pages
* The wishlist tab
* Audiobooks are organized into series
* A notification history page
* Material You themed widget
* Filters on chart and genre pages
This application is a great way to read books and listen to audiobooks on your mobile device. It is easy to use and has a wide selection of titles to choose from. The Google Play Books & Audiobooks is a great way to keep up with your reading while on the go.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the Google Play Books & Audiobooks on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
Recent Google Play Books & Audiobooks Reviews
My experience with this app was super good when it still worked. I use it primarily to listen to audio books while I work, and that feature for me has inexplicably stopped working on my phone at all. It still does work on my laptop but that kinda defeats the purpose. I have enough storage to play the books but they just won’t. I’ve reached out about this and Google has kind of just done nothing about it. The E books are solid but Audible is probably where I should have gone.
I have enjoyed using Google Books since the beginning, the only issue I have is when using read aloud, the page in the viewer doesn’t always (or most often) stay synced with what is being read. Then if you stop, it returns to the page in the viewer, not where it stopped reading. Please fix… I do want to compliment the speech team, the synthesized voice is very good. It only stumbles on words with 2 pronunciations, like “live” or “minute”.
Great, as good as Nook and Kindle, but it’s not going to compete with Kindle until it has a scrolling feature. Also, the bubble zoom feature on comics is tacky. It’s impossible to read the comics you own on a phone. But with apps like Comixology or Nook, you can close-up on panels. I really enjoy Play Books but I can’t buy as much content as I’d like until the reading (or listening) experience is as good as it on other apps.
This app is somehow needlessly complicated and extremely simplistic simultaneously. If you make a purchase, why can you not locate or download the file locally? There are so few customization options. I purchased books on an old phone and can no longer find those purchases. If it’s digital, it should still be on my account.
Alright experience. Good for reading non-fiction or fiction. Not good for music scores / textbooks but this is a problem with all e-books since there’s no way to annotate with pen. With pen annotation, ability to print and family library, this would be a great app. As it is, I only use it to reference music scores/textbooks when I travel – hard copy still require.
I love Google books, I love that I can tell my Google home to read my book to me. Lately though my audiobooks keep stopping for no reason mid sentence and I have to keep opening the app to restart it. It drives me crazy, I want to set it to play and do my work or drive. This used to be the best app, please fix it! Edited 09/22: The app works perfectly now!
The highlight feature is needlessly complicated and broken. When you press and hold, it auto selects the single word. You then have to stop pressing and drag the little selector icons over the text you want to highlight. A little cumbersome. Where this becomes a real problem. Is highlighting any text on the bottom of a page. Selecting a single word ALSO gives you a pop up with the definition of that word. A pop-up that covers all of the next you want to highlight. So you’re literally unable.
I wish that Google Books offered more books in the original text, not just certain classics. For example, I have both The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, but I can only choose to read the former by its scanned pages. Also, the dictionary is extremely simplistic and does not offer all possible definitions for many common and uncommon words, which is a frustrating issue, especially when trying to determine context in philosophic works or even complex novels.
Up until a few weeks ago it was working wonderfully. Now it won’t download any audiobooks I have even if they were previously downloaded and its really irritating. I’ve tried freeing up space and everything I could think of but it hasn’t worked the same. If I can’t listen to my audiobooks I would at least want my money back. UPDATE: Used the troubleshooting methods and it still isnt working. Its really inconvenient to not be able to listen to my audio books when I already paid for them
Wow, this app is surprisingly bad for something that I’m supposed to use for ebooks that I’ve paid money for. The extent that you can customize your reading experience is extremely limited. Why is there no option to get rid of your reading “progress” displayed at the bottom of every page? Not everyone always wants to be reminded of that. Also, it went from displaying pages left in each chapter (already annoying), to displaying total pages left in the book, with seemingly no way to change this.
We refer the ownership of This Google Play Books & Audiobooks to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Google Play Books & Audiobooks and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at blappsblog, we also don’t use our own server to download the Google Play Books & Audiobooks. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Google Play Books & Audiobooks.
If you have any query about the app or about blappsblog, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.